We thought it would be helpful to create a resource page that you can always come to for all of your motorcycling needs. We may not hit on ALL your needs, but we sure will try give you the best resources for you at each stage of your 2-wheeled career.
We’ll add to this page as we learn more, but this will be a highly used page so we recommend bookmarking it for your reference and convenience. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. We are making the recommendations based on our knowledge and experience with these companies, and that we believe these resources are helpful and useful. The focus is not on the small commissions we make if you decide to buy something. Please spend only if you believe these products or services will help you achieve your goals (which we hope is to have a long and exciting motorcycling life!).
Riding Instruction (at home)
- Get Ready to Pass – Want to pass your road test on the first try? These guys will guarantee it. One of the most complete home study courses, developed by professionals (instructors and video journalist), that includes real video footage of the key lessons.
License Exam (Permit Test) Study Guides and Practice Tests
- Crush Your License Exam – MotorcycleDrivingSchoolCafe’s own, custom researched and written motorcycle license practice exam and study guide. It’s the best deal we have found anywhere on the internet for a practice exam and study guide. Built by us for you and priced so you don’t have to prepare for your license exam without some help. We want you to pass your written exam the first time and built this just to help you.
- I Drive Safely – These folks, over at IDriveSafely, have made state-specific exams to help you pass your U.S. motorcycle license test and to avoid future trips to the DMV. IDriveSafely has available 2 levels of license practice exams – a 50 question test and a 100 question test. What they’re offering is a real multi-media course – audio and video, practice exam, solutions and explanations. It’s all there. If you want to read what we’ve written before, click here.
Gear and Equipment
There are many many online retailers for motorcycle gear. In the U.S., these are four companies we recommend. They have great selection, knowledgeable staff, some online services/info/product reviews and good return policies if for some reason things aren’t as you like. Oh, and prices are great. We put them in order of our recommendations for checking them out for all your gear needs.
- Motorcycle Superstore – They brag about having the largest selection of motorcycle gear, clothing and accessories at the guaranteed lowest prices (hmm, so too does Chapparal) with free shipping over $89. Shop and compare.
- Chapparal Motorsports – They Guarantee Low Prices! And, we tend to believe them. And the service is great.
- Bike Bandit – The challenger in this group of top contenders. They fight for your business.
- JC Whitney – Big Big Retail group. They have tons of stuff not only for bikes, but cars, trucks, ATVs. . . They’ll have what you need. Less specialized in motorcycles, but fans of all things with wheels.
- VIN Alert – If you are buying a used bike, there is a history report service. For a small price you can find out exactly what you are buying. VinAlert prices are the best around. It’s not technically insurance, but sure could help you avoid a big problem.
- Allstate – The folks at Allstate have been working hard to improve service and pricing for motorcycle riders. You can get a free quote from them; no risk. It’s worth a try. They are often putting up savings of 50%.