The is my review of the Dainese Air Frame D1 jacket. This is my first motorcycle gear I purchased when started out riding a few years back in 2019. I was pretty much newbie then and I didn’t do much research on the type of jacket I wanted, I knew I wanted something light and comfortable that was available at the store for me to try on. The Dainese Air Frame D1 jacket caught my eye just by the looks as it was light and mesh design was pretty dope. I’m 178cm and weigh around 73kg, a size 56 and bit on the loose side.
I now know a lot more the Dainese Air Frame D1 jacket after owning it for a few years. When the weather gets hot this jacket comes out from the closet.
Dainese Air Frame D1 Jacket Features
- Comes in multiple color combination. I got the pure black.
- It’s breezy and good for summer rides. Airy and comfortable to wear. Stylish design.
- There is the Dianese text outline in the front and the logo at the back.
- Quick dry fabric chassis with ample use of mesh panes in the front, back and arms
- Removal thermal windproof liner for those chilly mornings, you can detach it easily as the temperature rises for the day.
- Liner is perforated
- 1 inner pocket and 2 outer pocket
- There is a jacket-pants or jacket-trouser fastening system
- Neck, waist, shoulder and wrist adjustments
- Soft inserts for the wrist and neck
- Removal shoulders protectors (EN 1621.1 standard)
- Built in elbow protectors
- Pockets for optional armour for G1 and G2 back protector (not included)
Pros for me are the following:
- Light and quality of material is impressive
- Very breezy and can really cool you down in the hot weather
- Sweat dries up pretty quickly because of the Quickdry fabric
- Could be because of the size I’ve chosen but the sleeves on the arms are quite big and wind can come through there. If you have gloves that can wrap around the arms the better.
- As it is meant for summer, I instanstly got soaked when the rain started pouring. Not waterproof.